Thursday, September 26, 2013

Small Boost of Confidence

Sometimes I question who the Hell let me be a mum... and then I have days like yesterday and I get a little extra confidence boost that all three of my children will reach adulthood and possibly even be moderately successful human beings....

Baby Girl went out for Pep Band this year, and last night was the first home game of the season. So I not only had to drop her at school at 7:15am, I had to get her back to the stadium by 6pm for the game... I left work at 4:15pm, scooped up her brothers, got them home by 5pm, dinner on the table by 5:20 and everyone in the car and out the door by 5:50pm.... I was sort of impressed, even if dinner consisted of Ramen noodles, lol. It was actually their choice. Mac n Cheese with chicken nuggets would have been just as easily accomplished.

We were home just after 8:15pm, got the boys homework done, forms signed, report cards reviewed and I was still in bed by 9pm. Exhausted, but still got to catch the season 9 opener of Criminal Minds!!

Success!!

Today's goal: Stay awake through the Niners-Rams game. Since I'm hoping to go to the Alehouse to watch it, this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. I hope. Could otherwise be embarrassing if I fall asleep at the bar :-s

Side Note: While sitting with Lil One helping with his homework, I made reference to Shemar Moore waiting for me in my bedroom... at which point Onyx let out a cute little meow... perfectly timed, with just the right amount of emphasis... Yep, she's a keeper ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment