Monday, November 4, 2013

Sunday Roast

I have to take a minute just to brag about the absolutely delicious Sunday roast I made yesterday!

It was SO good! I have only ever made a beef roast once, but I have a had a real hankering to do some serious cooking lately. I really want to have a dinner party, but haven't figured out who to invite to make it an even number. So anyway, I decided that I was going to cook roast beef for Firefighter. Since the Niners weren't playing I wasn't too distracted and could focus on cooking.

I had read a blog the other day, and at the time I laughed it off as being old-fashioned, but it spoke about the secret to getting and keeping a man being to cook for him. I hate to say it, but there is definitely a lot of truth to this. I absolutely adore cooking. Firefighter doesn't cook at all. He usually buys two lunches from the cafe at work, and keeps one for dinner, or he stops by Subway on the way home. The only time he gets a home-cooked meal is at my place on Sunday's. I don't mind it either because it means I get to eat something other than Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. I also get to bust out the Mikasa china every now and then, which makes me happy.

It was a very simple dinner: a 2lb roast beef, roast potatoes and roast carrots (awesomely easy! Just throw everything in the oven). Of course, I had to make the gravy, which apparently was the coup de grace! Firefighter loved it! I giggled when he asked what was in the gravy. Like he was going to make it one day, lol! There weren't any leftovers. Bad Boy even came back downstairs and had some, liked it so much he said he would have it again next time I make it. I wish I'd taken a picture of it.

So now I'm shopping for a Dutch Oven since I had to keep transferring from the pot to a baking tray and back again.

I am still salivating over how delicious it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment