Saturday, November 9, 2013

Is it just me?

No ladies, it's not you. It's them. Men are straight up cray cray!!

There are so many adages that are meaningfully appropriate I hardly know which one to go with, but treat them mean, keep them keen springs to mind.

So many men want to believe that they are some kind of special and that there's no way their girl would step out on them, so when you're in a "casual relationship" and are told you should get out and date others, why would your guy be surprised and UPSET when you tell them you have been all along? Oh, I didn't share numbers or details, but I've been on at least 7 or 8 dates in the last few months with 3 or 4 different guys. So what?

I'll tell you what. I had a date set up for Friday night, but they wanted me to drive to Greenville. Ms Pope told me no. They should come to me and I agreed. So whilst in the middle of telling DJ I couldn't make it, I get a text from Firefighter "do you feel up to coming over tonight?"

Little background. We had a minor falling out this week, emails back and forth on Thursday, I was pretty sure I had ended it. Uh no. He came back and sounded like he wanted to keep it going. Well, ok, fine.
We already had plans for Saturday so naturally I expected him to not want to see me Friday hence making other plans. I also figured he would want to make his point about keeping it casual and not seeing too much of each other. I told myself I would stay a few hours and leave. Baby Girl is at a friend's for the weekend, and I thought to get some stuff done. He had other plans and when we finished the bottle of wine, he bust out the Goldschlager.

<sigh>

So now I'm laying in his bed trying to figure out Wtf. And hating Goldschlager.

No comments:

Post a Comment