Sunday, May 5, 2013

If you're happy and you know it, crack a smile!

Baby Girl's sleepover was the expected traumatic experience.  What else would it be with 5 hormonal girls spending several hours in each others company? 

But that's not what this post is about. I had decided to invite some ladies over to hangout and catch up and my best friend Eb came over early so we could do some much needed catching up. Sadly her grandmother had recently passed away so she was happy for the distraction and she hadn't heard about my firefighter, so I had to share the entire story with her! Eb is a judgement free zone. I know her secrets and she knows mine, so of course I even shared the one rocky moment I had with my new beau. Of course the important part for her was his actions after. I was able to share just how happy he makes me and I hadn't realised how much that was until I was talking to Eb.

Eb has been having trouble sleeping since her grandmother passed, so I gave her some of my cocktail to take home... my drinks tend to knock you out. She had tried various remedies and nothing had worked. So I texted her yesterday to see if she had managed any sleep and guess what? It had knocked her straight out! I will not divulge my secrets, but my drinks are pretty damn awesome. She had passed on my condolences to her mother and told her husband, a former co-worker of mine, how happy my firefighter makes me and he said it's about time! I feel so blessed to have them in my life. They have gone through their own personal tragedies over the last few years, losing a child to stillbirth and various other family members to illnesses, Eb's own mother went through a bout of cancer, but they are still strong. They are excited to start hanging out with us and so am I!

Being able to say out loud what a wonderful man I have in my life and having Eb see the happiness on my face amplified it even more. I can't wipe the smile away :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment