Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fellas please....

The sales guy in Jared's was about as subtle as a brick through a window.

I had taken my grandmother's ring to be reset and repaired yesterday morning so naturally I was dressed appropriately for work. There is this very cute young sales guy who works there who helped me pick out Baby Girl's Pandora gift at Christmas who not very subtly tried to find out my marital status back in December. He was working yesterday, but wasn't the first to get to me as he was already assisting another couple. So I fill out the paperwork, pay the $200 (Yes, for a ring I inherited! Although my grandmother is still alive and well.) and head in to the office. It was supposed to be ready by 5:30, but I had an appointment at the gym, so I went over after 6pm...

This is where he was not so subtle. He was assisting another guy again when I came in sweaty and very unattractive from the gym. Another sales guy came over and took the paperwork and went to look for the ring, but couldn't find it, so the young guy gets rid of his potential customer and comes over to 'help'. The older guy, obviously in cahoots, then skidaddles to "let him handle it with his young eyes"....

<sigh>

He finds the ring and starts the paperwork. Now, I've had them repair jewelry for me before. Once they have the return slip from me, there is nothing else to do except hand the item over. This guy wants to procrastinate. And starts dropping hints to ask about getting something special for Valentine's. So I told him I had been in two days before to buy myself something sparkly. So then he asks if I like reggae. I do, but not as a preference, but here's where I actually broke out in a grin: "the club I work at is having a reggae night Friday, you should come". Two things: reggae, to me, is not romantic; what quicker way to find out if a chick has a significant other than to invite her to a gig on Valentine's Day? Not subtle at all. He might as well have just come right out and asked if I was booed up....

I politely declined telling him that I already have tickets to a jazz concert Friday, but then he reaches into his pocket and hands me a card with his name and number on it. Hand written on it, not a Jared's business card....

So since I had plans Friday, he said that they have another band playing on Saturday, but i have no idea what I will be doing Saturday so I took the card and told him I have a friend who loves Reggae and maybe she'll want to go....

It put a smile on my face to get hit on, even while sweaty and not made up :-) And I have at least 10 years on him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment